The Fabulous Beekman Boys
Marketplace Events (MPE): What is your favorite fall vegetable to cook, and what are your favorite ways to prepare it?
- Beekman Boys (BB): "We love all of the winter squashes. One of our favorite (and one of the easiest) ways to prepare butternut squash, Butternut Squash Lasagna Rolls, can be found in our original cookbook, The Beekman 1802 Heirloom Cookbook."
- BB: "We know that all consumers are budget conscious and have a dedicated amount each week or month to spend on their family's food. We encourage people to take 5 or 10% of that budget and commit to spending just that amount at your local farmer's market."
- BB: "These are so many options. How about celery root puree? Or perhaps Brussels sprouts au gratin?"
- BB: "When we were speaking with our friend Martha Stewart right after the race, she seemed VERY intrigued, so we think she and her daughter, Alexis, should make a run."
- BB: "What we try to do at Beekman 1802 (and help others do, via our website, Beekman1802.com), is to help people make the very most of each season. Anyone who lives on a farm will verify you just never know what the next one is going to bring."