Aug 22, 2012
Photo via Blackeiffel
If you’re taking one last trip to a sunny destination before school starts, you’re in luck!
Our friends at Park Royal shared their tips for achieving summer style in 10 simple steps:
1. Wear a bandeau bathing suit top for better tan lines – think more sexy, less zebra.
2. Have a bathing suit you love but fear the awkward tan lines? Wear it to a pool party and stand out from the crowd of regular bikinis.
3. Don a floppy hat to hide your face when you’ve had enough sun exposure or just to look glamorous while tanning, lounging or exploring the town. Pair with sunglasses and you’re sure to look like an incognito starlet (beware the paparazzi!).
4. Opt for embellished flip-flops or sandals to dress up any basic shirt-and-short combo.
5. Use a tote bag to carry all your essentials to the beach, and a small cross-body bag for instant chic and shopping trips.
6. Stock up on bathing suit cover-ups. Shorter hemlines work for casual wear, but for a Hollywood feel, choose a long, sheer number that flows in the wind.
7. Fill your suitcase with easy cotton-blend maxi dresses. They’re simple and comfortable for both day and night, and easily accessorized to suit any occasion.
8. Glam up your beach look with bold jewellery – it’s sure to catch everyone’s eye.
9. Go comfortable yet stylish by pairing shorts or capris with loose-fitting crop-tops and tanks. Throw on a maxi skirt if you feel less than confident about your legs.
10. All-inclusive? Go green and bring your own travel cup for drinks. Extra points for a fashion-forward design and insulation!
Don’t leave home without these essentials:
3. Aloe vera
4. Mini first-aid kit
5. Hair elastics
As for tips and trends for fall? Mark your calendars – Park Royal is presenting the Style Friday Fashion Show on October 12, 2012 at the Vancouver Home + Design Show, complete with exclusive gift bags and a $2,500 giveaway.
Here’s to all things style!
Home Show Calendar
- Sept 9-11 | Raleigh Home Show
- Sept 22-25 | Calgary Home + Design Show
- Sept 23-25 | Capital Home Show
- Sept 29 - Oct 2 | Ottawa Fall Home Show
- Sept 29 - Oct 2 | Jacksonville Home + Patio Show
- Oct 7-9 | Deseret News Home Show
- Oct 21-23 | Edmonton Fall Home Show
- Oct 21-23 | The JoCo Home + Remodeling Show
How to Take Part
I recently discovered the coolest website EVER! Wordle.net generates free and customizable subway art in as quickly as 1 minute. Sim...
Tweet Thanksgiving and holiday entertaining is in full swing! We know you're all preoccupied planning meals and getting the ho...
It's gift giving season! As you prepare your list, consider making a few of your gifts this year. Impress your friends and family w...
Calling all bloggers, designers, and entertaining enthusiasts: we're searching for the next big name in design, entertainment, and all t...