Jul 31, 2013
ANNIE SLOAN, BC PLACE, BETTER LIVING CENTRE, CHALK PAINT, HOW TO USE ANNIE SLOAN CHALK PAIN, SOFT WAX, Toronto, UPCYCLE, Vancouver, VANCOUVER HOME AND DESIGN SHOW, VANCOUVER HOME SHOW No comments
Annie has developed an incredible paint brand called Chalk Paint. Not actually meant for chalk, Annie's Chalk Paint sticks to almost anything without any priming or sanding! This fast-drying miracle paint can be applied to wood, concrete, metal, matte pasting, earthenware, and much more indoors or out!
Check out Annie's One-Colour Distressing Technique
- Apply a coat of Chalk Paint in a crisscross motion (feel free to paint the metal fixtures)
- Make several thicker three-dimensional brush strokes to help with a distressed look
- Let dry for 20 minutes
- Work a coat of Annie Sloan Clear Soft Wax into the piece with a brush (not too thick!)
- Wipe the excess wax off with a cloth
- In sections, work a coat of Annie Sloan Dark Soft Wax into the piece with a brush, wipe off with a cloth before wax dries
- Use more clear wax and sand paper on corners to achieve desired look
You could WIN a copy of Annie Sloan's DIY book, Colour Recipes for Painted Furniture and more.
Ontario residents click HERE to enter.
British Columbia residents click HERE to enter.
For 2-for-1 tickets to either show order HERE and save today!
Home Show Calendar
- Sept 9-11 | Raleigh Home Show
- Sept 22-25 | Calgary Home + Design Show
- Sept 23-25 | Capital Home Show
- Sept 29 - Oct 2 | Ottawa Fall Home Show
- Sept 29 - Oct 2 | Jacksonville Home + Patio Show
- Oct 7-9 | Deseret News Home Show
- Oct 21-23 | Edmonton Fall Home Show
- Oct 21-23 | The JoCo Home + Remodeling Show
How to Take Part
I recently discovered the coolest website EVER! Wordle.net generates free and customizable subway art in as quickly as 1 minute. Sim...
Tweet Thanksgiving and holiday entertaining is in full swing! We know you're all preoccupied planning meals and getting the ho...
It's gift giving season! As you prepare your list, consider making a few of your gifts this year. Impress your friends and family w...
Calling all bloggers, designers, and entertaining enthusiasts: we're searching for the next big name in design, entertainment, and all t...
Marketplace Events. Powered by Blogger.