Jun 17, 2013
CENTRAL FLORIDA, CONCRETE, CONCRETE DESIGNS OF FLORIDA, DRIVEWAY, ORANGE COUNTY CONVENTION CENTER, Orlando, Orlando Home Show, POOL No comments
Concrete Designs of Florida is a family owned business, founded by Jim and Karen East 20 years ago. Since then, Karen's son Eric has joined the business, and together they have transformed thousands of outdoor spaces, converting concrete into art. Satisfied repeat customers attest to their exceptional customer service and attention to detail. Their expertise has helped homeowners turn a vision into reality.
Check out our interview with this fabulous Orlando Home Show exhibitor below!
- What are your products/services?
- Concrete is an essential element in Florida’s homes, an outdoor surface that offers the ultimate in design versatility and also has the edge when it comes to durability and low maintenance.
- Our painstaking process transforms existing concrete into works of art. Your chosen design is hand etched and painted using high quality dyes and stains to achieve the desired look that will enhance the beauty of your home. Endless design options, tailored to your individual style and uniquely yours....
- What is your company’s mantra?
- "Transforming our customers outdoor concrete surfaces into art"
- Describe the process of creating your product?
- We start with a home visit to get to know you, assess your concrete and consult with you on design options and recommendations. At this point we will give you an estimate based on your chosen design.
- Although each project is as unique, generally a standard size patio or driveway can be completely transformed in about a week
- Next we schedule a convenient time to come out and begin the etching and engraving process. The complexity of the design and size and scope of project dictates how long this step takes.
- Before any decorative finish begins we prep the concrete surface with pressure and acid washes, repairing any cracks and applying concrete primer to ensure the longevity of the design.
- The chosen design is hand painted using high quality dyes and stains to achieve the desired look that will enhance the beauty of your home. Grout lines are colored in a complementary or contrasting shade before finally we apply a clear long lasting sealer that will protect your investment for years to come.
- Always take care of your customers and they will take care of business. Never over promise and under deliver, always under promise and over deliver.
- Make yourself a schedule for maintenance for your home and garden, and keep on it. A little time and effort today can save you a lot of money later.
- If you see mildew growing on any of your surfaces, try to remove it. We encounter it all the time, we use a mixture of bleach and water to remove any mildew from the concrete before we stain.
- Always try to add a new feature to your yard at least once a year. It could be a garden, tree, shrubs water feature etc.
- What are your featured items this season?
- Pool decks and patios. Summer is a great time to enjoy your pool area or patio. When we transform any patio or pool deck it really is like adding an extra room to the house.
- How many years have you been involved with the show?
- I have done 3 shows and will doing my 4th with Marketplace events in October.
- What is your favorite thing about the Orlando Home Show?
- We really enjoy meeting new people and explaining what we do, setting up appointments and networking with other exhibitors. We also enjoy seeing old customers stop by and tell us how much they love their patio, pool deck or driveway.
- Weirdest client request?
- Years ago we had a client request a bright pink colored driveway. We did our best to talk the customer out of it but they insisted. The customer loved it but most of the neighbors didn't. All our clients have their own story and we frequently are asked to implement designs that are very personal such as the compass rose for a family big on sailing or the customers who love their Florida beach lifestyle so much they asked for flip flops engraved into their patio. Although request like this might seem odd to some they are deeply meaningful to the homeowners - being able to bring their vision to life and hearing the story behind it is one of the best parts of what we do.
- Any embarrassing moments?
- In 2005 we were honored by having a featured article in the home and garden section of the the Florida Today. It was so busy after that article we were backlogged for over 12 months it was very embarrassing to explain a 12 month backlog to customers.
You can chat with Concrete Designs of Florida at our Orlando Home Show (Oct. 4-6) at the Orange County Convention Center!
Home Show Calendar
- Sept 9-11 | Raleigh Home Show
- Sept 22-25 | Calgary Home + Design Show
- Sept 23-25 | Capital Home Show
- Sept 29 - Oct 2 | Ottawa Fall Home Show
- Sept 29 - Oct 2 | Jacksonville Home + Patio Show
- Oct 7-9 | Deseret News Home Show
- Oct 21-23 | Edmonton Fall Home Show
- Oct 21-23 | The JoCo Home + Remodeling Show
How to Take Part
I recently discovered the coolest website EVER! Wordle.net generates free and customizable subway art in as quickly as 1 minute. Sim...
Tweet Thanksgiving and holiday entertaining is in full swing! We know you're all preoccupied planning meals and getting the ho...
It's gift giving season! As you prepare your list, consider making a few of your gifts this year. Impress your friends and family w...
Calling all bloggers, designers, and entertaining enthusiasts: we're searching for the next big name in design, entertainment, and all t...
Marketplace Events. Powered by Blogger.