Oct 1, 2013
Stay warm this fall next to the fondue pot!
|Image via CHEESEWERKS on Facebook|
While you may be putting the cover on the barbecue these days, there's no need to put an end to delicious and original meals! Stir it up this fall, melt the hearts of your family and friends with CHEESEWERKS' Smoky Cheddar + Beer Fondue recipe.
As Canada’s only restaurant dedicated to Cheese, CHEESEWERKS offers a full range of ooey gooey delights including Mac + Cheese, Nachos, Quesadillas, Grilled Cheese and House-made Soups. All are made with fresh, local ingredients and served with their house-made Sodas, small–batch Craft Beers or local Wines from the Niagara or Prince Edward County regions.
Kevin Durkee, CHEESEWERKS Big Cheese has shared his Smoky Cheddar + Beer Fondue recipe, enjoy!
CHEESEWERKS Smoky Cheddar + Beer Fondue
Nothing is better than a sharing a warm, gooey Cheese Fondue with friends or that special someone. Perfect for a shared appetizer (serves 4-6) or full meal for two.
250 ml (1 cup) - Beau’s All Natural Lug Tread Lagered Ale or Other Craft Beer
750ml (3 cups) - Balderson 2-Year Cheddar, grated
250 ml (1 cup) - Balderson Double Smoked Cheddar, grated
10 ml (2 tsp) - Corn Starch
20 ml (1 tbsp) - Roasted Garlic, puree
5ml (1 tsp) - Nutmeg, ground
Salt + Pepper
1. Pour Beer into a double-boiler over simmering water.
2. Let the Beer warm up without boiling. (Beer will froth up.)
3. Gradually whisk both Cheeses into Beer, adding small amount at a time, until Cheese is fully melted and blended smooth.
4. Reduce to low heat, mix the Corn Starch with a little splash of Beer into a slurry, and add to the melted Cheese. Whisk virgoursly to cook the starch and to allow the Cheese to thicken further.
5. Stir in Roasted Garlic + Nutmeg.
6. Add Salt + Pepper to taste.
7. Pour Cheese Fondue into ceramic Fondue pot, insure pot continues to stay warm with candle or burner.
Serve with a variety of artisan breads, roasted vegetables (potatoes, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, asparagus, mushroom are ideal), crudités, hard fruits and pickled items.
If the mixture is too hard, add warm Beer. If the mixture is too soft, add more Cheese.
FOLLOW CHEESEWERKS ON SOCIAL MEDIA!
Home Show Calendar
- Sept 9-11 | Raleigh Home Show
- Sept 22-25 | Calgary Home + Design Show
- Sept 23-25 | Capital Home Show
- Sept 29 - Oct 2 | Ottawa Fall Home Show
- Sept 29 - Oct 2 | Jacksonville Home + Patio Show
- Oct 7-9 | Deseret News Home Show
- Oct 21-23 | Edmonton Fall Home Show
- Oct 21-23 | The JoCo Home + Remodeling Show
How to Take Part
I recently discovered the coolest website EVER! Wordle.net generates free and customizable subway art in as quickly as 1 minute. Sim...
Tweet Thanksgiving and holiday entertaining is in full swing! We know you're all preoccupied planning meals and getting the ho...
It's gift giving season! As you prepare your list, consider making a few of your gifts this year. Impress your friends and family w...
Calling all bloggers, designers, and entertaining enthusiasts: we're searching for the next big name in design, entertainment, and all t...
Marketplace Events. Powered by Blogger.