Mar 4, 2014
BATH CRASHERS, BATHTASTIC, Matt Muenster, Salt Lake City, SALT LAKE TRIBUNE HOME AND GARDEN FESTIVAL, SOUTH TOWNE EXPO CENTER, Utah No comments
This weekend, licensed contractor Matt Muenster of the DIY Network’s Bath Crashers and Bathtastic will be at our Salt Lake Tribune Home + Garden Festival. Matt sees every house project, whether he’s ripping apart dated bathrooms using the latest construction technology or completely gutting his own kitchen, as a chance to use his clever ideas to achieve great design while integrating earth-friendly elements.
Check out our interview with him below!
- What was your first job?
- Washing dishes at a supper club in Green Bay WI. And coaching little League 8/9 year olds.
- Most memorable career moment to date?
- In season 2 we a met a family with a son who was in a wheel chair – best reveal ever –it gave us a great sense of giving back and making a difference. Also, designing an accessible bathroom that was functional and beautiful .
- Any embarrassing on-the-job moments you’d like to share?
- The best show is when the camera is not filming – my favorite part of my job is getting to the set and seeing my friends – probably a cement dump that went awry.
- Describe your design style in five words or less.
- Thoughtful, clean lines, modern simplicity.
- What was your first ever DIY project?
- I grew up on a farm in Wisconsin, we were fixing things constantly. I added a bathroom to my first house before my career started.
- The last item you bought or crafted for your home?
- I bought 17 or 18 old doors – massive beautiful doors in St. Paul – the plan is to cut them up and panel-ize a wall in my house to create wall art.
- What’s your personal mantra?
- Take care of luxuries and the needs will take care of themselves. When you are thoughtful in design, you are creating space that is beautiful as well as functional; it is all about family and that always comes first.
- What is your favorite organizational tip?
- Plan for storage, recess storage, bathrooms don’t usually have good storage areas, so plan for easy-to-create storage to put things away.
- What is your design or gardening pet peeve?
- I'm not a fan of the glass bowl vessels that sit on top of counter tops; they are hard to clean and not functional.
- Describe our the Salt Lake Tribune Home + Garden Festival in one word.
- Opportunity! I love to resource and meet new vendors that I may not have known about.
MARCH 7-9, 2014
Home Show Calendar
- Sept 9-11 | Raleigh Home Show
- Sept 22-25 | Calgary Home + Design Show
- Sept 23-25 | Capital Home Show
- Sept 29 - Oct 2 | Ottawa Fall Home Show
- Sept 29 - Oct 2 | Jacksonville Home + Patio Show
- Oct 7-9 | Deseret News Home Show
- Oct 21-23 | Edmonton Fall Home Show
- Oct 21-23 | The JoCo Home + Remodeling Show
How to Take Part
I recently discovered the coolest website EVER! Wordle.net generates free and customizable subway art in as quickly as 1 minute. Sim...
Tweet Thanksgiving and holiday entertaining is in full swing! We know you're all preoccupied planning meals and getting the ho...
It's gift giving season! As you prepare your list, consider making a few of your gifts this year. Impress your friends and family w...
Calling all bloggers, designers, and entertaining enthusiasts: we're searching for the next big name in design, entertainment, and all t...
Marketplace Events. Powered by Blogger.