Sep 10, 2013
BATTLE OF THE BULBS, Birmingham, BIRMINGHAM HOME SHOW, BIRMINGHAM-JEFFERSON CONVENTION COMPLEX, FLORAL ARRANGEMENTS, FLOWER, Garden, MOODS, RUTGERS No comments
One of Birmingham’s favorite pastimes has finally returned with the start of college football – but on the weekend of September 20-22, the battle won’t just be on the Astroturf but inside the BJCC. The Birmingham Home Show launches its new fall edition AND the inaugural Battle of the Bulbs – a fierce but friendly floral competition.
Seven of Birmingham’s top florists are unleashing their creativity to come up with over-the-top fall-themed fresh flower arrangements. Show guests will get to view the gorgeous displays lining the center aisle at the Birmingham Home Show.
In fact, guests who “stop and smell the roses” might just find themselves whistling a happy tune for the rest of the day. According to behavioral research conducted at Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, nature provides us with a simple way to improve emotional health - flowers.
A team of researchers explored the link between flowers and life satisfaction in a 10-month study of participants' behavioral and emotional responses to receiving flowers. The results show that flowers are a natural and healthful moderator of moods.
- Flowers have an immediate impact on happiness. All study participants expressed "true" or "excited" smiles upon receiving flowers, demonstrating extraordinary delight and gratitude. This reaction was universal, occurring in all age groups.
- Flowers have a long-term positive effect on moods. Specifically, study participants reported feeling less depressed, anxious and agitated after receiving flowers, and demonstrated a higher sense of enjoyment and life satisfaction.
- Flowers make intimate connections. The presence of flowers led to increased contact with family and friends.
The Battle of the Bulbs competitors are:
- Vince Gray Events - www.vincegrayevents.com
- Dorothy McDaniel Flower Market - www.dorothymcdaniel.com
- Continental Florist- www.continentalflorist.net
- Hothouse Design Studios- www.hothousedesignstudio.com/index2.php
- Ricky Whitley - www.rickywhitleyflowers.com
- Leaf n Petal - www.leafnpetal.com
- Whole Foods Market - www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/birmingham
SEPTEMBER 20-22, 2013
BIRMINGHAM-JEFFERSON CONVENTION COMPLEX
Home Show Calendar
- Sept 9-11 | Raleigh Home Show
- Sept 22-25 | Calgary Home + Design Show
- Sept 23-25 | Capital Home Show
- Sept 29 - Oct 2 | Ottawa Fall Home Show
- Sept 29 - Oct 2 | Jacksonville Home + Patio Show
- Oct 7-9 | Deseret News Home Show
- Oct 21-23 | Edmonton Fall Home Show
- Oct 21-23 | The JoCo Home + Remodeling Show
How to Take Part
I recently discovered the coolest website EVER! Wordle.net generates free and customizable subway art in as quickly as 1 minute. Sim...
Tweet Thanksgiving and holiday entertaining is in full swing! We know you're all preoccupied planning meals and getting the ho...
It's gift giving season! As you prepare your list, consider making a few of your gifts this year. Impress your friends and family w...
Calling all bloggers, designers, and entertaining enthusiasts: we're searching for the next big name in design, entertainment, and all t...
Marketplace Events. Powered by Blogger.