Sep 24, 2013
AIR, BETTER LIVING CENTRE, DAVE'S DUCT CLEANING, DUCTS, FALL HOME SHOW, HVAC, Toronto, TORONTO EXHIBITOR SPOTLIGHT No comments
TORONTO EXHIBITOR SPOTLIGHT
We're excited to have Dave's Duct Cleaning at our Toronto Fall Home Show (Oct. 3-6)!
Check out our exclusive interview with this fabulous exhibitor below...
- Company Website
- Whitby, ON
- Describe your services:
- DAVE'S DUCT CLEANING are CERTIFIED members of the NATIONAL AIR DUCT CLEANER'S ASSOCIATION (NADCA) and the INDOOR AIR QUALITY ASSOCIATION (IAQA). We are also an ACCREDITED BUSINESS listed with the BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU (BBB). And are the OFFICIAL DUCT CLEANING PARTNERS of HABITAT FOR HUMANITY Durham.
- We assess, maintain and restore HVAC systems in residential, commercial and industrial settings. We also perform dryer vent cleaning, central vac cleaning and install whole house HEPA filters with the goal of improving the indoor air quality of our customer's indoor environments.
- What are your best home or garden tips for this season?
- While dirty ducts don’t necessarily mean unhealthy air in your home, school or workplace, they may be contributing to larger health issues or harbouring contaminants that could cause serious problems for people with respiratory health conditions, autoimmune disorders or some environmental allergies. If you have that "stuffy" feeling, you may want to consider a proper and thorough air duct cleaning service.
- What are your featured items this season?
- Through normal occupation in a home, we generate a great deal of contaminants and air pollutants, such as dander, dust, and chemicals. These contaminants are pulled into the HVAC system and re-circulated 5 to 7 times per day, on average. Over time, this re-circulation causes a build-up of contaminants in the duct work. Before you turn your heating on, you may want to consider a proper air duct cleaning service to ensure you remove these contaminants before they continue to recirculate in your home during the winter months.
- What are your home or garden pet peeves?
- For most contractors, finished basements pose a challenge when it comes to assessing and restoring dirty HVAC systems. Air duct cleaning is typically an afterthought for most contractors and access to ductwork becomes challenging if the ductwork isn't completely exposed, especially in homes that have ductwork that splits into multiple directions - the necessity of cutting into drywall increases in these situations in order for the cleaning process to be done properly.
- What is the strangest client request you've ever received?
- A customer that recently acquired a new home had been complaining about her tongue "tingling" and tasting "metallic" but these symptoms were only specific to them. After we recommended an IAQA (Indoor Air Quality Specialist) to perform an indoor air quality analysis the result returned was simply - an over abundance of dust. Once we performed our air duct cleaning service the situation improved but hadn't subsided. We installed a whole house HEPA filtration system and the situation again improved, but didn't subside. We took particle readings in the customer's home, before and after our service and even returned a few weeks later with major reductions but she was still feeling the same reactions.
- She called me recently and discovered that the previous owners had fumigated the home for pests and she had an adverse reaction to the chemicals used. The lesson learned is that it's incredibly important to listen to your body and ensure you get as much information and perform as much due diligence before purchasing anything, especially a home.
- What is your favorite part about the home show?
- Meeting homeowners and having the ability to share and answer any questions related to a proper and thorough air duct cleaning service.
- What will you be demonstrating at the show?
- We'll be sharing and demonstrating the proper techniques used to assess, maintain and restore your HVAC system - so if you're curious about how the process is done, we'll be conducting FREE demonstrations!
Don't miss Dave's Duct Cleaning at our Fall Home Show (Oct. 3-6)!
FOR 2-FOR-1 TICKETS TO THE SHOW CLICK HERE & SAVE!
FOR 2-FOR-1 TICKETS TO THE SHOW CLICK HERE & SAVE!
Home Show Calendar
- Sept 9-11 | Raleigh Home Show
- Sept 22-25 | Calgary Home + Design Show
- Sept 23-25 | Capital Home Show
- Sept 29 - Oct 2 | Ottawa Fall Home Show
- Sept 29 - Oct 2 | Jacksonville Home + Patio Show
- Oct 7-9 | Deseret News Home Show
- Oct 21-23 | Edmonton Fall Home Show
- Oct 21-23 | The JoCo Home + Remodeling Show
How to Take Part
I recently discovered the coolest website EVER! Wordle.net generates free and customizable subway art in as quickly as 1 minute. Sim...
Tweet Thanksgiving and holiday entertaining is in full swing! We know you're all preoccupied planning meals and getting the ho...
It's gift giving season! As you prepare your list, consider making a few of your gifts this year. Impress your friends and family w...
Calling all bloggers, designers, and entertaining enthusiasts: we're searching for the next big name in design, entertainment, and all t...
Marketplace Events. Powered by Blogger.