Mar 10, 2014
ASK THIS OLD HOUSE, Denver, DENVER HOME SHOW, KEVIN O'CONNOR, NATIONAL WESTERN COMPLEX, PBS, THIS OLD HOUSE No comments
Don't miss Kevin O'Connor of PBS' This Old House this Saturday at our Denver Home Show!
For years Kevin has been helping homeowners with their home reno and remodeling projects. Of course, Kev has learned a thing or two about the process, like always inspect the roof and the foundation before buying, and don't underestimate the amount of work a project may take.
We recently got to interview Kevin, check out our quick Q&A below...
- What three items do you always keep in your tool belt?
- 12 oz hammer – my speed square – 25 foot tape measure
- What was your first job?
- Washed dishes at a restaurant - and was damn good at it!
- How were you discovered?
- Wife and I fixing up our house – wrote letter to TOH – they had started Ask this old house, filmed a segment and was asked to host This Old House
- Most memorable career moment to date?
- Working on a row house in DC noticed that the Lincoln memorial was being renovated. Was invited by designer to climb up on scaffolding and got eye to eye with Abe Lincoln
- What famous figure(s) inspires your career?
- Bill Gates - great philanthropic figure
- Describe your design style in five words or less.
- Traditional with clean and bright feel
- What was your first ever DIY project?
- Go cart when I was 6 years old and missed a block party and recognized that we are who we are by age 6
- What design/gardening trend or item are you coveting this season?
- Design trend is moving away from the white kitchen
- What is your favourite room in your home and why?
- Living room because it has three doors that I can close – it has a comfortable chair and a fireplace
- The last item you bought or crafted for your home?
- Just purchased a zip line for the kids in the yard – to go with the tree house
- What’s your personal mantra?
- Be bold
- What is the most challenging part of your job?
- Turning someone who is great at their job into a person that will do well on television
- What is your favourite design or garden-related phone app?
- Houzz – it is an aggregator of photos
- What is your favorite organizational tip?
- Keep at it and stay on top of it
- What is your design or gardening pet peeve?
- Don’t like sinks in islands
Catch Kevin O'Connor at our Denver Home Show March 14 & 15, 2014.
Audience members at Kevin’s presentations will have the opportunity to win one of 2 Festool drill kits worth $400! Don’t miss out on your chance to win this exclusive giveaway!
MARCH 14-16, 2014
Home Show Calendar
- Sept 9-11 | Raleigh Home Show
- Sept 22-25 | Calgary Home + Design Show
- Sept 23-25 | Capital Home Show
- Sept 29 - Oct 2 | Ottawa Fall Home Show
- Sept 29 - Oct 2 | Jacksonville Home + Patio Show
- Oct 7-9 | Deseret News Home Show
- Oct 21-23 | Edmonton Fall Home Show
- Oct 21-23 | The JoCo Home + Remodeling Show
How to Take Part
I recently discovered the coolest website EVER! Wordle.net generates free and customizable subway art in as quickly as 1 minute. Sim...
Tweet Thanksgiving and holiday entertaining is in full swing! We know you're all preoccupied planning meals and getting the ho...
It's gift giving season! As you prepare your list, consider making a few of your gifts this year. Impress your friends and family w...
Calling all bloggers, designers, and entertaining enthusiasts: we're searching for the next big name in design, entertainment, and all t...
Marketplace Events. Powered by Blogger.