May 26, 2014
BRADLEY DIGITAL FOUR-RACK SMOKER, CONTEST, GIVEAWAY, GTA HOME SHOW, HANK DADDY'S, Pork, PULLED PORK, PULLED PORK PARFAIT, RECIPE No comments
|Image via www.hankdaddysbbq.com|
RECIPE: Pulled Pork Parfait
- 1 pork butt (8-12 lbs)
- ½ C Hank Daddy’s Original Barbecue Rub
- 1 C Hank Daddy’s Original Barbecue Sauce
- 10 large white potatoes
- 4 tbsp butter
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Apply dry rub to the meat liberally. In a smoker, cook the seasoned meat until the internal temperature of the meat reaches 190-195 degrees F, somewhere between 10-12 hours. Remove the cooked butt from the smoker and allow it to settle for an hour in a roasting pan. This will allow you to preserve the au jus, or natural juices, from the meat. Remove the bone with a simple quarter turn and a pull, then discard it. The bone should come out very easily if the meat is cooked. If it doesn’t come out easily, that means the meat is undercooked. With a fork in each hand, begin to pull the meat apart until completely pulled. Add sauce.
- Wash and peel potatoes, cut into quarters. Add potatoes to a large pot of water and bring to a boil. Remove potatoes when they are fork-tender. Mash with a potato masher until you have a smooth consistency. Add butter, salt and white pepper.
Serve layered in a martini glass, champagne glass or plain old water glass. Start with pulled pork on the bottom, barbecue sauce and a scoop of mashed potatoes. Repeat until glass is full.
FEBRUARY 20-23, 2014
For 2-for-1 tickets to the show click here!
Home Show Calendar
- Sept 9-11 | Raleigh Home Show
- Sept 22-25 | Calgary Home + Design Show
- Sept 23-25 | Capital Home Show
- Sept 29 - Oct 2 | Ottawa Fall Home Show
- Sept 29 - Oct 2 | Jacksonville Home + Patio Show
- Oct 7-9 | Deseret News Home Show
- Oct 21-23 | Edmonton Fall Home Show
- Oct 21-23 | The JoCo Home + Remodeling Show
How to Take Part
I recently discovered the coolest website EVER! Wordle.net generates free and customizable subway art in as quickly as 1 minute. Sim...
Tweet Thanksgiving and holiday entertaining is in full swing! We know you're all preoccupied planning meals and getting the ho...
It's gift giving season! As you prepare your list, consider making a few of your gifts this year. Impress your friends and family w...
Calling all bloggers, designers, and entertaining enthusiasts: we're searching for the next big name in design, entertainment, and all t...
Marketplace Events. Powered by Blogger.