Feb 25, 2014
BEVER LANDSCAPING, FEATURE GARDENS, Garden, GREY LEAF DESIGN, HOLM AND OLSON, LANDSTYLE DESIGN, MICKMAN BROTHERS, MINNEAPOLIS, NATURAL LANDSCAPE MINNESOTA, NRD LANDSCAPE DESIGN BUILD, OFLORA GARDENS, STONEWALL No comments
Among the hundreds of exhibits and inspirational ideas at the 2014 Minneapolis Home + Garden Show February 26-March 2 will be the much anticipated Feature Gardens presented by Star Tribune. This year’s theme is “Great American Landmarks,” encompassing nine national treasures recreated in lush floral arrangements, water features and rock formations.
The Feature Gardens are created by various Minnesota landscape and design build companies. Here’s what this year’s show will have:
- Pebble Beach Golf Links by Bever Landscaping of New Hope: Hills, water, a putting green and a 19th-hole patio come together for a garden inspired by California’s famed Pebble Beach Golf Links.
- Sequoia National Park by Oflora Gardens of New Germany: An example of how to build a living space on a heavily wooded lot, this garden boasts 25-foot sequoias and even Sasquatch.
- Yellowstone National Park by Stonewall in Webster: Evergreen trees, huge boulders, colorful bulbs and geysers help replicate this national treasure.
- Las Vegas by Holm and Olson, St. Paul: The must-have “Welcome to Las Vegas” sign, Bellagio’s dancing fountains, the Roman columns of Caesars Palace, desert-style plantings and a large bar all come together in a garden to inspire your own backyard cocktail party.
- Custer State Park by Landstyle Design and Construction, Loretto: Replicate the legendary Black Hills of South Dakota after seeing this garden full of native plants, trees, a waterfall and large rock formations.
- National Parks by Natural Landscape Minnesota of Inver Grove Heights: Inspired by our country’s national parks, this garden features three parks with their own landscapes - alpine, tropical and desert, complete with plants, water, rock, wood and art.
- National Mall, Washington, D.C. by NRD Landscape Design Build of Excelsior: Replicating Spring in our nation’s Capital, you’ll see blossoming trees, shrubs, and flowers with a reflective water feature and reflecting pool.
- New Orleans French Quarter by Mickman Brothers of Ham Lake: Lush gardens of annuals, tropical plants, brick pathways and ironwork, accompanied by jazz and outdoor cafes.
- New York Highline by Grey Leaf Design of Woodbury: Barstools and tables lend to a relaxing destination to enjoy a skyline view with birch trees, grasses, flowering shrubs and an outdoor kitchen.
People’s Choice Awards: Attendees of the Home and Garden Show can vote for the Best Feature Garden at the Feature Gardens Star Tribune booth, within the garden area. The award will be given on Saturday, March 1.
FEB. 26 - MAR. 2, 2014
Home Show Calendar
- Sept 9-11 | Raleigh Home Show
- Sept 22-25 | Calgary Home + Design Show
- Sept 23-25 | Capital Home Show
- Sept 29 - Oct 2 | Ottawa Fall Home Show
- Sept 29 - Oct 2 | Jacksonville Home + Patio Show
- Oct 7-9 | Deseret News Home Show
- Oct 21-23 | Edmonton Fall Home Show
- Oct 21-23 | The JoCo Home + Remodeling Show
How to Take Part
I recently discovered the coolest website EVER! Wordle.net generates free and customizable subway art in as quickly as 1 minute. Sim...
Tweet Thanksgiving and holiday entertaining is in full swing! We know you're all preoccupied planning meals and getting the ho...
It's gift giving season! As you prepare your list, consider making a few of your gifts this year. Impress your friends and family w...
Calling all bloggers, designers, and entertaining enthusiasts: we're searching for the next big name in design, entertainment, and all t...
Marketplace Events. Powered by Blogger.