Mar 13, 2014
DIRECT ENERGY CENTRE, EXHIBITION PLACE, IRISH CHIRCKEN STEW, MILL STREET BREWERY, MILL STREET STOUT, MILLS TREET ORGANIC, NATIONAL HOME SHOW, ONTARIO, RECIPE, Toronto No comments
Who doesn't love a fantastic stew recipe? Well, to keep your stomach satisfied, Mill Street Brewery has a delicious and original dish! For a brief moment, forget about mother nature's chill and prepare yourself an amazing bowl of Mill Street Stout & Irish Chicken Stew!
Mill Street Stout & Irish Chicken Stew
- 1 2/3 cups MILL STREET STOUT
- 6 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup Quinoa flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 5 pieces bacon, chopped
- 1 8-ounce package mushrooms
- 2 cups sweet onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cups frozen baby peas, thawed
COOKING INSTRUCTIONS (This recipe makes 6 servings)
- Mix together 6 tablespoons of quinoa flour with ½ teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of pepper in a bowl. Add the chicken to this mixture and coat them completely and set aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a skillet on medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the skillet and cook on each side until browned. Transfer the chicken into a slow-cooker. Ensure the chicken is placed evenly inside the slow-cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients to slow-cooker excluding the peas.
- Pour Mill Street Stout and chicken stock into slow-cooker.
- Cover the stew and slow-cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 7-8 hours.
- Add the peas and cook for ten minutes and season with the remaining ½ teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of pepper.
Home Show Calendar
- Sept 9-11 | Raleigh Home Show
- Sept 22-25 | Calgary Home + Design Show
- Sept 23-25 | Capital Home Show
- Sept 29 - Oct 2 | Ottawa Fall Home Show
- Sept 29 - Oct 2 | Jacksonville Home + Patio Show
- Oct 7-9 | Deseret News Home Show
- Oct 21-23 | Edmonton Fall Home Show
- Oct 21-23 | The JoCo Home + Remodeling Show
How to Take Part
I recently discovered the coolest website EVER! Wordle.net generates free and customizable subway art in as quickly as 1 minute. Sim...
Tweet Thanksgiving and holiday entertaining is in full swing! We know you're all preoccupied planning meals and getting the ho...
It's gift giving season! As you prepare your list, consider making a few of your gifts this year. Impress your friends and family w...
Calling all bloggers, designers, and entertaining enthusiasts: we're searching for the next big name in design, entertainment, and all t...
Marketplace Events. Powered by Blogger.