Sep 15, 2014
CAPITAL, Capital Home Show, Chantilly, Contests, DC, DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, Hero Day, I Hate My Kitchen, J. ALLEN, JAMES YOUNG, PHAE MOORE, SHOW FEATURE, TODD PEENSTRA, TODD WILBUR, TOP SECRET RECIPES, Washington No comments
The Capital Home Show starts this Friday! With three days full of home improvement questions and answers, design and decor inspiration, and celebrity presentations and demonstrations, we’ve got everything you need to help with your latest home projects. Start planning your visit to the show with our list of the top ten things we’re most excited to have happening – and remember, these are just a few of the fabulous features to expect at the show!
1. James Young – The host of the DIY Network hit show, I Hate My Kitchen, will be appearing live at the show on the Fresh Ideas Home Stage on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Join James to learn the 5-W’s to a Kitchen Remodel. He’ll tell you everything you need to know to get the job finished.
Let James help you to fall in love with your kitchen again.
2. Todd Wilbur – Ever wanted to make your favorite restaurant dish at home? Todd Wilbur, author of Top Secret Recipes, has made a living bringing famous recipes to the masses. Check out his live demonstrations on Friday and Saturday as he shares his most popular recipes cloned from some of America’s favorite restaurants.
Want to know what's in McDonald's "special sauce"? Todd's the guy to ask.
3. Ask The Expert – Are you in the middle of a design dilemma? Ask The Expert, presented by La-Z-Boy, and get the advice you need to create a space you’ll love. Bring your questions and concerns, inspirational photos, fabric swatches, and blueprints to the show to receive free advice from experienced professionals.
4. Tabletop Inspirations – Five local designers from the Interior Redesign & Staging Association are Serving Up Style with their creative tabletop installations. Get inspired by the stunning and inventive decor these experts demonstrate and create table settings that are sure to wow at every dinner party, holiday gathering, and family dinner.
5. Hero Day – Friday, September 19th is Hero Day at the show. All active and retired military and first responders receive free admission to the show on Friday. For your service and your sacrifice, we thank you.
Help us salute the heroes in our community.
6. Ask An Appraiser – Have you ever wondered what your family heirlooms are worth? Bring them to the show and find out! Todd Peenstra, President of Peenstra Antiques Appraisals will be offering free appraisals all weekend. Todd can help you determine what your items are worth and how you can sell them. And if you’re ready for fame and fortune, Todd and Steve Gouteman of Nova Gold LLC will be filming their local access program, Appraisals Roadshow, at the show on Saturday.
7. Contests – There are lots of chances to win at the show! You could win $500 to any Virginia La-Z-Boy, $3,000 from Angie’s List, and the $600 Marketplace Sweeps! For full contest rules and official entry forms, please visit our Contests page.
8. J. Allen – Cure your design woes and learn how to pull a room together like a pro with help from J. Allen. J. is an accomplished interior designer whose talents have been featured on HGTV’s Design Star, in Home & Decor Magazine and in The Washington Post. J. will be teaching guests the Ultimate Guide to Decorating in 5 Steps.
J. will teach how you communicate with designers so you end up with exactly what you want.
9. Phae Moore – Need advice on how to choose the right contractor or handyman to work with? Phae Moore is a home repair fraud prevention expert, a Georgia real estate agent, and a HUD certified housing counselor. Her book, Don’t Even Think About Ripping Me Off! Is a step-by-step guide on how to protect yourself from home repair fraud.
Phae is passionate about contractor fraud after seeing its effects on her grandmother.
10. Awesome Savings – There are so many exclusive deals at the show we can’t even name them all here! Save hundreds of dollars on kitchen remodels, electrical upgrades, central vac systems, fireplaces, and more! To help you spot them at the show there’ll be a “Show Special” floor decal by the product or booth with the special offer.
Speaking of savings, make sure to get your show tickets online now to get the best deal! The Capital Home Show takes place September 19-21, 2014 at the Dulles Expo Center. Find fresh inspiration, helpful tips, innovative products and fantastic deals. We can’t wait to see you there!
Home Show Calendar
- Sept 9-11 | Raleigh Home Show
- Sept 22-25 | Calgary Home + Design Show
- Sept 23-25 | Capital Home Show
- Sept 29 - Oct 2 | Ottawa Fall Home Show
- Sept 29 - Oct 2 | Jacksonville Home + Patio Show
- Oct 7-9 | Deseret News Home Show
- Oct 21-23 | Edmonton Fall Home Show
- Oct 21-23 | The JoCo Home + Remodeling Show
How to Take Part
I recently discovered the coolest website EVER! Wordle.net generates free and customizable subway art in as quickly as 1 minute. Sim...
Tweet Thanksgiving and holiday entertaining is in full swing! We know you're all preoccupied planning meals and getting the ho...
It's gift giving season! As you prepare your list, consider making a few of your gifts this year. Impress your friends and family w...
Calling all bloggers, designers, and entertaining enthusiasts: we're searching for the next big name in design, entertainment, and all t...
Marketplace Events. Powered by Blogger.