Oct 10, 2014
CRAFT, DIY, DIY DECORATIONS, FALL, GHOSTS, GLOW IN THE DARK, HALLOWEEN, HALLOWEEN DECOR, haunted house, MONSTERS, mummies, pumpkin, PUMPKIN CARVING, SPOOKY No comments
Fake spiders with cottony webs, construction paper bats, and a grinning jack-o-lantern: all tried and true Halloween decor tropes. One of the best parts of Halloween is the decorating, but it can be hard to come up with new and creative ways to scare trick-or-treaters year after year. Not sure how you should decorate this Halloween? We’ve got you covered. Check out the top ten Halloween decorations we recommend trying and get ready to have the best looking house on the block.
1. Black-cat-o-lanterns: Jack-o-lanterns are so 2006. This year, turn your classic pumpkin into a black cat. With their eyes all lit up in the darkness these beauties will look purrfect.
Image via Sunset
2. Ghost jugs: You can make these as cute or as spooky as you'd like, it just depends on the expression you give your ghouls.
Image via eighteen25
3. Glowing eyes: Who knew toilet paper rolls and glow sticks could be so scary?
Image via Listoic
4. Chicken wire ghosts: This is definitely a more complex project, but the end result will be amazing.
Image via This Old House
5. Window monsters: How cute are these guys? Create your own scary or adorable silhouettes.
Image via LedfordLife
6. Glow in the dark pumpkins: Skip the carving altogether without losing the eerie glow that a flickering candle can cast.
Image via Steve Spangler Science
7. Glowing egg sacks: Throw a few of these in your trees with some big fake spiders and you're sure to have arachnaphobes running for the hills.
Image via Babble
8. Floating specters: This is another time consuming craft on our list, but again, the finished product is worth it.
Image via Inspiring Pretty
9. Mummy: Abbot and Costello beware!
Image via Better Homes and Gardens
10. Draperies: This updated version of the classic cobweb is sure to give your home some spooky definition.
Image via HGTV
We love decorating for Halloween, so we've got to ask: what's your favorite part about this holiday? Do you also love dressing up your home, or are you more partial to the costumes and candy? Let us know below!
Home Show Calendar
- Sept 9-11 | Raleigh Home Show
- Sept 22-25 | Calgary Home + Design Show
- Sept 23-25 | Capital Home Show
- Sept 29 - Oct 2 | Ottawa Fall Home Show
- Sept 29 - Oct 2 | Jacksonville Home + Patio Show
- Oct 7-9 | Deseret News Home Show
- Oct 21-23 | Edmonton Fall Home Show
- Oct 21-23 | The JoCo Home + Remodeling Show
How to Take Part
I recently discovered the coolest website EVER! Wordle.net generates free and customizable subway art in as quickly as 1 minute. Sim...
Tweet Thanksgiving and holiday entertaining is in full swing! We know you're all preoccupied planning meals and getting the ho...
It's gift giving season! As you prepare your list, consider making a few of your gifts this year. Impress your friends and family w...
Calling all bloggers, designers, and entertaining enthusiasts: we're searching for the next big name in design, entertainment, and all t...
Marketplace Events. Powered by Blogger.