Mar 9, 2015
EY CENTRE, HOME DECOR, ONTARIO, Ottawa, OTTAWA HOME + GARDEN SHOW, OTTAWA HOME AND GARDEN SHOW, Spring, Spring Inspiration, SPRING TRENDS No comments
For Halloween we drape cobwebs and plastic spiders, for Christmas we deck the halls with boughs of holly, and for spring we add a breath of fresh air! As the weather starts finally getting warmer, the snow begins to melt, and we set out clocks ahead, it's clear that spring is on the way. To help welcome this much missed season into our hearts and homes, check out our list of Do's and Don'ts for refreshing your home decor.
- Brighten your spaces. Something nice and easy you can do is update your window treatment to a sheer, light, flowing fabric that will let the light in and sway with the breeze. You can also try putting a slipcover of a lighter colour on a dark sofa to change the feeling of a room.
- Add some new pieces. Spring makes us think of bright colours, organic lines, and floral-inspired patterns. Incorporating these trends with a few throw pillows on a sofa can add that extra detail to make your room pop!
- Get creative. It's no lie that opposites attract. Experiment by combining different textures, finishes, and fabrics to see what you like.
- Hold on to clutter. 'Tis the season for spring cleaning! Having a clean and organized living space creates an oasis to come home to and relax after a long day. For those small items that we all inevitably need to keep, consider creative storage options like vases or decorative boxes.
- Remove your own character. Your home should incorporate the pieces that speak to your interests and hobbies, and all the things that make you happy. Continue to incorporate those conversation pieces that tell a story about you and where you've been.
- Forget about functionality. At the end of the day your home has to work for you. Keep the staple pieces that make your home functional, like a bench seat at the front door, but consider updating them with a brighter fabric or sleeker design for the season.
Home Show Calendar
- Sept 9-11 | Raleigh Home Show
- Sept 22-25 | Calgary Home + Design Show
- Sept 23-25 | Capital Home Show
- Sept 29 - Oct 2 | Ottawa Fall Home Show
- Sept 29 - Oct 2 | Jacksonville Home + Patio Show
- Oct 7-9 | Deseret News Home Show
- Oct 21-23 | Edmonton Fall Home Show
- Oct 21-23 | The JoCo Home + Remodeling Show
How to Take Part
I recently discovered the coolest website EVER! Wordle.net generates free and customizable subway art in as quickly as 1 minute. Sim...
Tweet Thanksgiving and holiday entertaining is in full swing! We know you're all preoccupied planning meals and getting the ho...
It's gift giving season! As you prepare your list, consider making a few of your gifts this year. Impress your friends and family w...
Calling all bloggers, designers, and entertaining enthusiasts: we're searching for the next big name in design, entertainment, and all t...
Marketplace Events. Powered by Blogger.