Jan 14, 2016
John Gordon, ONTARIO, Ottawa, Ottawa Home & Remodelling Show, OTTAWA HOME SHOW, RENO ADVICE, RENOVATION TIPS, RENOVATIONS, Your Reno Guys No comments
It is easy to become overwhelmed when trying to choose a remodelling expert or contractor for your next home renovations project. Many homeowners have the same worries and reservations. First, it is hard to find an expert you trust and know can do a great job on your particular project. Second, many homeowners don’t know their rights in terms of what they should be asking for as they move along in the process.
John Gordon, Owner of Your Reno Guys, takes the guesswork out of starting your next renovations project, providing you with his top tips for a successful renovations relationship.
- Research potential renovation companies by using websites that rate and review contractors in your area such as the Home Stars Website and ask for recommendations from family and friends
- Meet with two to three contractors in person before choosing one for your type of renovation
- Ask about permit requirements in your area
- Inquire about qualifications and insurance of the people who will be doing your work
- Make sure the contractor has liability insurance in case of accidents or damage in your home
- Ask for a written estimate and accurate breakdown of what is included
- Obtain and call references and ask as many detailed questions as possible
- Once the written estimate is agreed upon, request a written contract
- Be sure to communicate about the progress of your renovation frequently
- Keep a record of the payments along the way
- Provide any final feedback you may have upon completion of the project
- Always be in control of the money; never release more money than the services or materials received
John Gordon will be sharing his tips and advice at the Ottawa Home & Remodelling Show, taking place January 21-24, 2016 at the EY Centre. Don’t miss his presentation “Building Permits: When Do You Need One?,” Friday, January 22 6-7 PM, and Sunday, January 24, 3-4 PM. John Gordon will also be available at the Your Reno Guys booth at the show to answer all of your questions. Don't have tickets yet? Get 2-for-1 on Facebook and treat a friend or family member to the show!
JANUARY 21-24, 2016.
Home Show Calendar
- Sept 9-11 | Raleigh Home Show
- Sept 22-25 | Calgary Home + Design Show
- Sept 23-25 | Capital Home Show
- Sept 29 - Oct 2 | Ottawa Fall Home Show
- Sept 29 - Oct 2 | Jacksonville Home + Patio Show
- Oct 7-9 | Deseret News Home Show
- Oct 21-23 | Edmonton Fall Home Show
- Oct 21-23 | The JoCo Home + Remodeling Show
How to Take Part
I recently discovered the coolest website EVER! Wordle.net generates free and customizable subway art in as quickly as 1 minute. Sim...
Tweet Thanksgiving and holiday entertaining is in full swing! We know you're all preoccupied planning meals and getting the ho...
It's gift giving season! As you prepare your list, consider making a few of your gifts this year. Impress your friends and family w...
Calling all bloggers, designers, and entertaining enthusiasts: we're searching for the next big name in design, entertainment, and all t...
Marketplace Events. Powered by Blogger.